|Minimum Order Quantity||1 PER 20 LTR|
|Tensile Strength||Greater than 2.6N/mm2|
|Elongation||Greater than 190%|
Dr. Fixit Raincoat is composed of high quality acrylic emulsion polymer, light fast & weather durable pigments, properly selected & graded fine fillers, many additives & water as a medium. It is used as a waterproofing & protective coating for exterior walls of the buildings because it forms higher film thickness, has excellent flexibility, breathing properties, water resistance, crack-bridging ability, weathering durability and an excellent resistance to the growth of microorganisms.
Areas of Application:
Features & Benefits:
- All types of exterior masonry surfaces, concrete, cement sand renderings, etc.
- Applicable on asbestos sheets.
Method of Application:
- Film thickness - Higher film thickness provides resistance to the movements of structures, gives crack bridging ability & waterproofing properties.
- Flexibility - Flexible and covers hairline cracks(upto 0.5 mm) effectively so that no ingress of water.
- Toughness - Tough films withstands wind driven rain.
- Elasticity - High elasticity easily withstands stress caused by thermal expansion & contraction (>100% elongation at 110-120 micron DFT).
- Ready to use – No dilution is required hence ensures desired film thickness built-up without affecting the performance.
- Microbial resistance – Resistance to fungus and algae hence maintains the aesthetic value.
- UV resistant – Resistance to UV (Sun light) hence coating has longer life.
- Dirt pick up – Very low dirt pick up & can be cleaned easily hence maintains the aesthetics.
- Breathability - Permeable to water vapour.
- Ease of application – User friendly, easily applicable by brush, roller or spray.
- Toxicity - It is Non-toxic.
- All new cement-sand renderings /concrete surfaces should be allowed to age 6 to 8 weeks before surface coating.
- Surface for treatment must be thoroughly cleaned of all laitance, loose material, oil, grease, etc. by mechanical means such as wire brushing & shot blasting.
- Finally vacuum cleaning of all loose solids and liquids can be done, if required.
- All surface cracks upto 5 mm width should be filled up with Dr.Fixit Crack-X or Dr.Fixit Unifiller. Cracks more than 5 mm and all separation gaps should be filled up with Dr.Fixit Pidicrete URP or Dr.Fixit Unibond SBR modified mortar or as specified.
- Prime the surface with Dr. Fixit Primeseal diluted with potable water by volume in 2:1 ratio (2 parts primer and 1 part water) and allow it to dry for 2 to 3 hours.
- Use Raincoat directly from the container. Stir contents well before use.
- Apply two neat coats of Raincoat without dilution by brush or roller at a time interval of 5-6 hours.
- For enhanced protection, apply additional coat of Raincoat on rain lashing walls, chajjas and parapet walls.
- Allow the coated surface to air cure fully for 7 days.
Precautions & Limitations:
- Do not dilute Dr. Fixit Raincoat.
- Recommended to be primed with Dr. Fixit Primeseal only.
- Do not apply when ambient temperature is below 100C or above 450C.
- Do not apply in direct sunlight or during rains.
- Adhesion property may get affected over poor quality putty and very smooth surfaces