|Minimum Order Quantity||1 Set|
|Appearance of Mic||Free flowing slurry|
Dr. Fixit Pidifin 2K is a two component cementitious & acrylic flexible waterproofing & protective coating composed of best quality portaland cement, properly selected & graded aggregates, additives & acrylic emulsion polymer as a binder. It is applied to waterproof and protect concrete and similar structures. specially formulated for swimming pools, retaining walls, pile Heads, water tanks, submerged tunnels, sumps, bridge decks, marbles, granites and a wide variety of extreme service class structures because on curing it forms an excellent elastomeric, waterproof & protective layer over the substrate.
Areas of Application:
Dr. fixit Pidifin 2K can be applied to new or old concrete structures that are structurally sound and strong:
- Basement retaining walls.
- Pile Heads.
- Structural surfaces of cellars.
- Concrete roof slabs, floors, balcony floor slabs.
- Water tanks and swimming pools.
- Bridge decks.
- Canals and dam walls.
- Structural surfaces of dykes.
- Waterproof coating (bottom coat) for marble, granite and other natural stones.
- Suitable for steam room waterproofing.
- Sewage treatment plants.
- for special applications such as areas where more thick plaster application is needed
Features & Benefits:
- Flexibility: Provides a flexible & low permeable coating.
- Water permeability: Excellent resistance to ingress of water.
- Slip resistant: Provides slip resistant coating.
- Waterproof: Waterproof for concrete structures.
- Adhesion: Excellent adhesion to concrete, natural and artificial stone.
- Diffusion: Excellent resistance to chloride ion diffusion and carbon dioxide.
- Low temperature resistant: Resistance to freeze-thaw cycles and de-icing salts.
- Carbonation: Prevents carbonation of cement concrete.
Method of Application:Surface Preparation:
- The surface must be strong & free from dirt, dust & loose particles.Thoroughly wire brush the surface &clean the dust by air compressor or wash the surface with water.
- Oil & grease must be removed using degreasing solvents.
- Any damaged surface must be repaired by using polymer modified repair mortar.
- Shake well the liquid component to a homogenous milky colour , before mixing transfer entire quantity of liquid component into a suitable clean mixing vessel, gradually start addition of powder component under constant mixing with a stirrer using a pneumatic or electric power tool (1kw) at slow speed at 250 – 300 rpm for 3- 5 minutes to a homogeneous & uniform free flowing slurry.
- Blinding Coverage:Apply slurry coat of mixed material for two coats at a coverage rate of 1.5 kg/m2 over the set concrete slab by a masonry brush or appropriate power spray equipment.
- Concrete slabs or roof slabs: Two coat of mixed slurry to be applied to the set concrete @ 1.5 - 2kg/m2 by a masonry brush, roller or appropriate power spray equipment.
- Pile Heads: Two coats of mixed slurry to be applied on to the pile head @ 0.75kg/m2 first coat and 1.25 to 1.5 kg/m2.second coat either by a masonry brush or by appropriate power spray equipment.
- Water tanks and Swimming pools: Two coat of Dr. fixit pidifin 2k applied @ 1.5 kg/m2 each coat by a masonry brush or an appropriate power spray equipment.All applications where two coats is specified,
- the second coat shall be applied when the first coat is completely dried.The treated area should be protected from direct sunlight and to be damp cured by covering with damp hessian or similar system.