|Minimum Order Quantity||1 Piece|
|Specific Gravity||0.99 - 1.05|
|Brush ability||No sag,slip & run off|
|Solid content||55-60 %|
|Elongation at break||Greater than 500%|
|Film thickness||700-750 micron in two coats|
|Hardness||Greater than 50 Shore A|
Dr. Fixit Roofseal is a single component cold applied elastomeric waterproofing coating based on synthetic resin emulsion. It is a tough yet extremely flexible coating that can be efficiently applied to any thickness by roller or squeegee creating a fully adhered waterproofing coating with no wastage. It is water based with low VOC’s that is sustainable for years as a waterproofing coating.Areas of Application
Features & Benefits
- Waterproofing of flat concrete roofs
- As an external protective coating for block works before fixing Aluminum Composite Panels
Method of Application:SURFACE PREPARATION :
- Waterproofing - High film build up provides excellent water resistance
- Elastomeric - Excellent flexibility and elongation properties - can easily accommodate all normal building movements.
- Seamless - Can be applied to complex shapes to form a seamless and highly durable water proofing coating.
- Adhesion - Adheres firmly to most of building surfaces including concrete, brick etc. both horizontal and vertical surfaces.
- Water based – Easy cleaning of tools and brushes by water.
- Easy to apply - Suitable consistency for easy application by brush, roller or squeegee
Surface preparation is generally limited to cleaning by broom brush or compressed air. All surfaces to be applied must be free from dust, loose material, oil, or any other material which may impair adhesion of the material. All surface cracks up to 5 mm wide should be filled up with the same material and pre-striped prior to application of the material. All joints of vertical up stand should have 50 x 50 mm angle fillets prepared with sand -cement mortar; mixed with Dr. Fixit Pidicrete URP.PRIMING:
Primer is required only for high absorbent surface such as light weight concrete. Primer recommended to be used is Dr. Fixit Torchshield Primer, when the surface is completely dryAPPLICATION :
Apply a coat of Dr. Fixit Roofseal over an angle fillet as a reinforcing strip all around the parapet wall and allow drying. Apply on all vertical up stand at an average girth of 200 mm. Apply 2 coats Dr. Fixit Roofseal at 0.75 ltrs / m2/ coat, at an interval of 12 hrs between the coats and allow drying completely.
Water ponding test:
- After full drying of second coat for at least 72 hrs, a water ponding test can be performed by filling water on the terrace by carefully blocking all the down take drain outlets without damaging the coating. The test shall be carried out for 48 hrs by filling water up to 50 mm level. Observe for leakages if any and then remove the water and allow the coating to dry completely for about 24 hrs before proceeding further.
- Spread 100 grm/m2 geotextile over, before a concrete screed is laid. Protect the coating with a concrete screed in M 20 grade. The protective screed should be of minimum 50 mm thickness maintaining an average slope of 1:100 towards the drain outlets for effective and efficient draining of water. After the application of screed, provide control joints along the length and breadth of entire screed area. The joint can be provided by using a saw cutting machine attached with a 3 mm blade. The joints will be 12 mm wide and 12 mm deep. 28-30 days later, these joints can be filled with a suitable elastomeric sealant.