|Minimum Order Quantity||20 Litre(s)|
|Full Curing Time||7 days at 30 deg C|
|Drying Time||5 - 6 hrs at 30 deg C|
|Base||acrylic with specially added fillers|
|Specific gravity||0.0.26 +/-0.02|
Dr. Fixit Crack-X Shrinkfree is composed of quality polymers, select fillers & additives. It is fast drying and flexible, light weight, putty like material used for filling cracks in plastered surfaces. It is 100% shrink-free, water resistant after drying & bonds strongly to cementitious substrates.
Areas of Application: Internal & external surface cracks on plaster upto 10 mm width.Features & Benefits:
Method of Application:Surface Preparation:
- Shrinkage –non-shrink even after curing, prevents from cohesive & adhesive failure on exposure.
- Application – applied as one time filling (does not require second time application, as required in other acrylic sealants).
- User friendly – One pack, very soft paste, easily applicable by fingers or putty knife.
- Sagging – non-sag nature helps in filling of vertical & overhead cracks.
- Sanding – no sanding is required.
- Staining – Does not migrate any liquid component into concrete surface thus prevents staining.
- Adhesion – excellent adhesion to cementitious surfaces prevents water leakages through the cracks.
- Durability – UV & weather resistance properties increases the life expectancy of the surface.
- Paintability – easily paintable after 5-6 hours of application.
- Non-toxic – it is non-toxic hence user friendly.
- Surface must be free from dust, oil, grease, and loose particles, etc. moisten the surface before applying Dr. fixit Crack-X Shrinkfree.
- fine hairline cracks must be widened upto 1 mm minimum and then filled.
- for filling Dr. fixit Crack-X Shrinkfree on the internal surfaces, existing POP or painter’s putty must be removed till plaster surface is exposed.
- Press Dr. fixit Crack-X Shrinkfree firmly into the crack One time OnlY with a spatula or putty knife and level the surface.
- handball application can also be used as per the convenience.
- Care must be taken to avoid formation of cavities or bubbles during application.
- allow it to dry in ambient conditions for 5-6 hrs before painting. for best results 7 days air curing is advised.
- further POP or painters putty application can be taken up once it is fully dry
Clean tools & equipments by soap & water. Wash hands with soap & warm water.Precautions & limitations:
Shelf life & Storage:
- not for cracks in POP or painter’s putty.
- not recommended to use under the rain.
- not meant for structural cracks in concrete, slab, construction joints.
- Jet or Power washing on walls not advisable prior to application.
- During application below 10°C, drying time will be delayed.
- Container to be tightly closed after application.
- if filler compound becomes too dry, add potable water in ratio of 1 teaspoon in 250 ml of Dr. fixit Crack-X Shrinkfree.
Shelf life is 12 months from the date of manufacturing. Store in cool & dry place, away from sun light.Health & Safety Precautions:
- as with all chemical products, caution should always be exercised.
- Protective clothings, such as gloves and goggles, should be worn (see packaging for specific instructions).
- treat any contact to the skin or eyes with fresh water immediately.
- Should any of the products be accidentally swallowed, do not induce vomiting but call for medical assistance immediately.
- ensure the container is available for the medical attendant to examine any relevant instructions and contents details. reseal all containers after use and ensure product is stored as instructed on the safety section of the labelling.